Now Wilmington 1st Can Live on Your Home Screen!
Here’s a quick way to never have to remember, or type the address of our website again. Simply add our UMC icon to your phone, right next to the icons of all those apps you use.
There are two main types of phones, iPhones and Androids. The process is simple in each case, but a little different. Let’s start with iPhones:
Your iOS home screen isn’t just for apps. You can put bookmarks on it, too, creating one-tap shortcuts to your favorite web sites, including WilmingtonFUMC.org.
The process is super-simple. Here’s how it works:
- Open up Safari and load our web site.
- At the bottom of the screen you’ll see an icon depicting an arrow that looks like it’s trying to get away from a square. Tap this button.
- If you managed to tap that button successfully, you’ll have a few options. The one you want to tap now is “Add to Home Screen.” Go ahead and do that.
- You’ll be asked to choose a name for the home screen icon. You can type “Church” “FUMC” “Wilmington 1st” what ever you like. When you’re done it’ll show up on your home screen and you’ll never have to type in our web site URL ever again.
Visiting our website is sure wonderful, but sometimes you just want to click an icon and have the site load, right? Luckily this is easily accomplished, and you can add any site’s bookmark to your home screen for quick and easy access, including WilmingtonFUMC.org. Let’s take a look at how it is done.
- Launch Chrome for Android and open our website.
- Tap the menu button (the three vertical dots at the top right) and tap “Add to Home screen.”
- You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut (“Church” “FUMC” “Wilmington 1st” what ever you like) and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
Be sure to check the website often. But, you can also subscribe to our website which enables you to receive an automatic update any time something new is posted to the site. Click on this icon right now and with a little help from your browser, you will be all set up. Or, you can always find that subscription icon at the top right of our website.